Thursday, March 12, 2009

Willis Tower?

So like the rest of the world, I found out that the Sears Tower will soon change its name to "Willis Tower", or something like that. Willis Group Holdings, a London-based insurance broker, agreed to occupy 2 floors of the building, holding a total of 140,000 square feet. In the lease agreement Willis Group was granted naming rights of the massive Chicago Landmark. On a side note, this makes me wonder how much of that building is vacant. I would be willing to bet that it was an alarming percentage. After watching the news, I was already tired of people complaining about the name change. There is no use calling it Sears Tower anymore when the company does not even lease any office space in it. Let's think about it, it was not too long ago that U.S. Cellular Field was Comiskey Park and the Macy's on State Street was Marshall Fields, but you don't hear too many people complaining anymore. I do agree that it will be a little odd calling Sears Tower by its new name, but I'm not torn up about it. It's just a building people!

This week has been going by amazingly fast. So close to the weekend and St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment