Monday, March 30, 2009

Cigar Review: Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Toro

Pre-light:
This box-pressed cigar offers up a very nice looking smooth wrapper with no large veins. It has a deep/dark brown color. It smells of sweet leather. Upon cutting it, the cigar has a very easy draw and has a sweet flavor with just a hint of spice.

The Smoke:
In the beginning of the smoke, it is a mild to medium bodied smoke at best. It is creamy with a little pepper and a leathery after taste. The draw is perfect and offering up a lot of smoke. After the first third, the flavor changed a little as it mellowed out and had more of a leather taste and added a little bit of chocolate flavor. As I continued to smoke it, the chocolate flavor took over in the 2nd third. It's pretty mild at this point. Through the rest of the cigar the taste was pretty consistent making the cigar pretty boring for me. I was hoping that it would bold up a little bit at the end, but no luck. It gave off a very soft creamy inviting aroma. The ash was a good bright color, but wasn't pretty nor tight. The burn wasn't the greatest a few issues, but corrected itself quickly.

Final thoughts:
It was a little boring and way to much chocolate for me as I love spicy and peppery flavors. It's hard for me to be completely objective on this one since the flavor just didn't appeal to me. I'd give it a 72 out of 100 trying to fight for those who like those kinds of flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment