Monday, March 9, 2009

Open for Blogging

I've had the desire to start a blog for quite some time now and I finally decided to pull the trigger.

In recent months, I have been seriously considering getting a dog. I love their camaraderie and loyal spirits. In a good home, they seem to always be another member of the family. Bill Simmons, a writer, has his own section(Sports Guy's World) on espn.com. Today, I read an article that he wrote in January about his dog, The Dooze, that had me thinking about our beloved canine friends for a while. The piece is about how much he loved The Dooze and her premature exit from this world. OK, I'm a guys guy. I love working out, shooting guns, playing sports, rare steaks and of course, smoking cigars. This article almost had me in tears. I don't know if I would be able to handle losing a dog after the way he described it. But then again, what's the saying? "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"?

I need a cranberry juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment